Friday 28 December 2012

... and Crafty Jeans Patches

Wow, Christmas is over already! Ours was fab - not too stressful and full of family, friends and festivities (booze!). I hope all of you had a great one too?

Having a bit of time off to get on with odd jobs around the house, I thought I'd share a very quick and easy project. In the spirit of being crafty, creative and most importantly thifty, here's a simple way to deal with a common problem. Mally has lots of pairs of jeans, and all are (or getting very close to being) holey. In the knees (shocking I know for a 3 yr old boy!!!). But they are fine everywhere else so there is no way I am buying new ones just yet.


Instead of covering the hole with a pre-made patch, I decided to sew one in from underneath. I gathered some fabric scraps, my sewing kit and started experimenting...

We thought it would be funny for Mally to look like he was turning into the Hulk with his green skin bursting through his jeans. Doesn't he look menacing?!
Don't make him angry, you wouldn't like him when he's angry....
I also saw this and had to give it a go. My little one is a lot smaller than One Artsy Mama's so I had less room to play with - I went with a smiley face instead of a monster. We like it!



(By the way, I actually don't mind the ripped jeans look, but it's winter and I was starting to feel like a bad mum!!)

2 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute!!
    Never would have thought of this...gives a whole new meaning to patches...so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alethia! I keep thinking of new ideas but am running out of holes!!! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...