Friday 25 January 2013

... and a Pink Furry Headboard!

Today we have a "guest post" from our good friend Lants:


Hello! I have recently decorated my flat. Its now pink throughout and hot pink in the bedroom. Its my favourite colour! When it came to the bed, new bedding helped a bit but the headboard looked boring and the pine finish looked a little dated... However, super king size headboards are well expensive!


I was inspired by someone who did something similar with a wardrobe and animal print fur years ago. I went to a local fabric shop to get an idea of what fabrics were available and I found pink fur! Yes!
The whole project cost £5.20 including the glue. I would have used a staple gun. I used to have two. We wont talk about that now! Instead I screwed the fabric in at the corners to make sure they were secure. It took a couple of hours giving time for the glue to dry/stick and to touch up the corners.


As part of this flat "refurb" I spent the night cleaning/sorting bedroom and all day the next day moving the flat around. It looks fab! I've also been inspired and got my sewing machine out (the one my mum bought me about 8yrs ago and I took it out brand new out of the box yesterday! Oops!!). I'm gonna make some curtains next .....

So there you have it. Its funny that one completely un-domesticated person can suddenly become very domesticated indeed... Blimey it's amazing what one can do when they try! :)

Thanks to Lants for this post. Would you like to do a post for us yourself? Please contact us and we will make it happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...