Tuesday 1 October 2013

... and a Paint Swatch Mini Notebook

I'm a big fan of making lists and have to write things down before I forget them. Trouble is this often means scribbling things on the back of an envelope.... then losing the envelope! So I decided to make some mini notebooks in an attempt to keep my lists in one place!

I used paint swatches for my mini notebooks - mainly because I had plenty spare, but also because they folded into a nice pocket sized cover!
 For the note pages, I cut down some yellow lined paper.....
To assemble, I simply folded the bottom of the paint swatch up and then stapled through all the note pages. The top of the paint swatch then folded down and tucked underneath.
And there you have your finished notebook... all in a matter of minutes!!
You can of course vary the colours and type of paper combinations.  Perhaps a matching one for each room of the house?! I also made one to store my post it notes, to stop them sticking to the inside of my bag!
 
This was a really quick and easy project, but hopefully a simple way to help keep me organised. If only it would magically do my 'to do' list as well!!

Don't forget to check out our Paint Swatch Coasters and Paint Swatch Canvas Art for more ideas!

26 comments:

  1. Neat idea and so much nicer than the back of an envelope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely better than the back of an envelope ;) x

      Delete
  2. Love it! I do the same thing....I can't find paper, so I write on a scrap of paper, then I lose it. lol! I'll have to try your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! It's definitely easier than finding those lost scraps of paper ;) x

      Delete
  3. That really is a brilliant little idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I'm always scrabbling around looking for paper to write things on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same here... then have to start new lists when I lose the scraps of paper! x

      Delete
  5. This is such a sweet, and good!, idea. I've lost track of so many notes that end up on the back of receipts and any scrap of paper I can find... I love the idea of having one in every room in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sounds like you're def not the only one to lose those scraps of paper :) x

      Delete
  6. I am always making lists too! And these pads are sooo much nicer than the scraps I use. Love that you can always change it up for new 'cover' when you finish one pad. Visiting via "Friday Flash Blog' from over at www.ritewhileucan.com where I gush about all things stationery and letter writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! Your blog is fab & I definitely share your love of stationery ;) x

      Delete
  7. What a smart way to use those paint chips - it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I love the colorful possibilities for the notebook! Thanks for sharing this great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so great! Its super easy and super cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea for two reasons - I have some leftover paint swatch sheets AND I have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robbie! These are so quick to make, so you should definitely give them a go if you already have the paint swatches! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...