Tuesday 5 November 2013

... and a Pocket Tissue Holder

It's that time of year when colds and sniffles start going around.... So I thought it was best to be prepared and try out a project I'd 'pinned' a while back! I originally found this through Jackie Crafts who links to a great YouTube tutorial here.
Materials
  • Two Fabric rectangles
  • Scissors/Rotary cutter
  • Sewing materials
Start by cutting 2 fabric rectangles - 7.5 x 5.5 inches for the lining and 6.5 x 5.5 inches for the outside.
Sew them together at the short sides, with right sides together. As they are different lengths, they won't line up exactly so just sew one end at a time.
Turn back out the right way and press flat, so that a bit of the lining is showing either side. It's fine just to eyeball this!
Find the centre, fold each side into the middle and then press.
Sew down each end, with approx. 1/4" seam and then use a zigzag stitch over the hem for extra strength.
Turn the whole thing inside out - pushing out the corners as you go (I found a knitting needle worked well for this!) Give it another good press and you're done!!
This was a fun, quick sewing project and a great way to use up fabric scraps! Plus with Christmas looming on the horizon, I reckon they'd make lovely little pressies....

12 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased my link was useful to you and your tissue holder looks great The red lining works so well with the grey and yes it's a good way to use up some of those scraps we all have left over from other projects
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing such a great project Jackie! I really enjoyed trying it out & certainly want to try some more :) x

      Delete
  2. This design looks so classy! Nice of you to share the how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial. Love how you've added the contrasting binding. Pinning for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! Hope it comes in useful in the future :) x

      Delete
  4. These are sweet little items that would make nice stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need one of these for the winter season. I'm hosting a Starburst Mirror Giveaway that you should enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/11/starburst-mirror-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I should try something like this. I never have a tissue when I need one, so maybe if I made one of these, I'd keep a pack handy??? Thanks for sharing at Gingerly Made's Show & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger! We always enjoy visiting your a great linky! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...